We're there! The crowndfunding campaign on Kisskissbank has ended.
The goal of 15,000 euros has been exceeded, reaching 22,132 euros collected! 208 ambassadors contributed to this operation which lasted 40 days.
For several years, Guy Cotten has been receiving a "call from the sea" from urban customers. The "small foam" look is becoming widespread in France. Hipsters are donning our yellow oilskins, and the catwalks of the great fashion designers are dyed yellow... It is true that Guy Cotten has a number of assets, including a professional reference and a vintage look. Two trends that work very well today, especially in urban areas.
This is how the collection of 5 iconic pieces of the brand came into being:
- The yellow oilskin from the Isoder jacket
- The windproof jacket in the shape of our Drenec jacket worn by fishermen,
- The fleece inspired by the Kodiak sweater worn by oyster farmers
- The Uno bag, the on-board bag of transoceanic skippers such as those in the Vendée Globe,
- The overcoat, the first hat worn by sailors when jackets did not yet have hoods.
Without compromising on waterproofing, the cuts were revised and reworked by stylists to make them more urban. This operation has been a real success for the company: we have gained new visibility on social networks - doubled our Instagram followers, recruited new Facebookers and activated our Twitter followers - and received very encouraging messages for our approach.
The lucky ambassadors will receive their contributions before Christmas. They have received a preferential rate for their commitment. We still have to select the Concept-Stores in the major French cities that really correspond to the spirit we want to give. Some are already knocking on our door.