Collection of Form Data
Every form or teleservice limits the amount of private data collected to the bare minimum (data minimisation principle) and states the following:
- The purpose of collecting data.
- Whether this data is required or optional to process your request.
- Who has access to this data (in principle only Guy Cotten SA, unless otherwise specified in the form, when it is destined to be passed on to a third party to process your request).
- Your data privacy rights and how to exercise them by contacting Guy Cotten SA.
The private data collected for the services proposed on www.guycotten.com is processed with secure protocols and enables Guy Cotten to manage requests received through its IT applications.
For any information about how to exercise your privacy rights with regard to any data concerning you processed by Guy Cotten, please contact the website administrator, who has the role of data protection officer (DPO): info [at] guycotten.com or by post in a signed letter, together with a copy of an official identity card or passport sent to: Guy Cotten SA, Route de Concarneau, 29910 Trégunc, France.
What are cookies?
Cookies are usually small text files made of letters and numbers, sent by an internet server and stored in your browser directory or in the program data subfolders on your computer’s hard disk. Find out everything you need to know about cookies on the ICO website, the British equivalent of the CNIL in France.
Three types of cookies are deposited by the Guy Cotten website:
a - Functional cookies required for the website to work correctly
These cookies are required for the website to function in an optimal fashion. You may refuse and delete them using your browser’s settings. However, this will result in a poor user experience.
Tarteaucitron >> Storage of choices regarding the acceptance of cookies >> length of time held: 12 months (note: open source script used by the CNIL)..
b-Audience measuring cookies
Guy Cotten SA measures the number of visitors, the numbers of hits, as well as the activity of the visitors on the website and how often they come back, with a view to adapting the website to our visitors’ needs. It uses Google Analytics and Google Tags Manager for its statistics, which create the following cookies:
_ga >> Measure the website’s traffic statistics >> Length of time held: 12 months
c- Cookies used to improve user interactivity on the website
The Guy Cotten website relies on certain services provided by third-party websites. These functions use third-party cookies which are directly deposited on your computer by these services. These are:
- Share buttons (Twitter and Facebook)
- Tweet lists (Twitter)
- Videos broadcast on the website (YouTube, Dailymotion)
- Animated presentations
When you visit the website for the first time, a banner will indicate the presence of cookies and will invite you to make your choice. They are only deposited if you accept or continue to browse by visiting another page of the www.guycotten.com website.
And decide on either your overall preferences or service by service.
Data Retention Period
Administrative retention periods (ARP) applicable to the main processes managed by Guy Cotten SA.
Note: the ARP covers the retention period in an active base and in internal archives.
- Requests for information from Guy Cotten SA, using the contact form with no commercial follow-up or recruitment: 90 days from the date the form data is received.
- Direct contact by email with the webmaster: 6 months after the request is received.
- Notification of a breach of private data: length file in queIf you don’t want to receive cookie files, or if you wish to manage them better, you can also do this on your internet browser. Learn how to do this. See the link below according to your browser type: stion exists + 1 year
Find out everything you need to know about the GDPR and how best to manage your private data.
Find out everything you need to know about cookies on the ICO website.
If you don’t want to receive cookie files, or if you wish to manage them better, you can also do this on your internet browser. Learn how to do this. See the link below according to your browser type: Firefox - Chrome - Edge - Explorer - Safari - Opera - iOS.